From Movie Website:
The continuous withdrawal of mental health funding has turned jails and prisons across the nation into the default mental health facilities.
The system designed for security is now trapped with treating mental illness and the mentally ill are often trapped inside the system with nowhere else to go.
Documentary photographer Jenn Ackerman takes us inside the Correctional Psychiatric Treatment Unit of the Kentucky State Reformatory to see how a state is meeting the needs of this growing population.
Related Situationist posts:
- Brain and Blame
- The Criminals that Other Criminals Punish
- “Intuitions of Punishment?,”
- The Situation of Depression
- “The Situation of Mental Illness,”
- “Inequality and the Unequal Situation of Mental and Physical Health,”
- “The Situational Consequences of Uncertainty,”
- “The Disturbing Mental Health Situation of Returning Soldiers.”
- Dan Dennett at Harvard Law on “Free Will, Responsibility, and the Brain”,
- David Eagleman on the Brain and the Law