The Situation of Political Polarization
Posted by The Situationist Staff on November 11, 2012
From This American Life:
Everyone knows that politics is now so divided in our country that not only do the 2 sides disagree on the solutions to the country’s problems, they don’t even agree on what the problems are. It’s 2 versions of the world in collision. This week we hear from people who’ve seen this infect their personal lives. They’ve lost friends. They’ve become estranged from family members. A special pre-election episode of our show.
Listen to the episode here.
Related Situationist posts:
- The Exaggerated Situation of Polarization
- The Situation of Political Ideology
- Random Assignments
- Jon Hanson on Law and Mind Sciences
- The Imagined Ideological Divide
- Ideology is Back
- Ideology Shaping Situation of Vice Versa
- Motivated Skepticism
- Naive Cynicism
- The Situation of Polarization
- Biased? I know you are but what am I?
- I’m Objective, You’re Biased
- Ideology, Psychology, and Law – Introduction
- The Origins of Sports Team Fandom