Roy F Baumeister visits the RSA to explain why willpower and self-control is one of the most important aspects of individual and societal wellbeing.
Related Situationist posts:
- Comparing Distractions – Beer versus Facebook
- The Situation of Good Habits
- The Situation of Willpower
- Friends on the Brain
- The Situation of Temptation
- David Vitter, Eliot Spitzer, John Edwards, Jon Ensign, and Now Mark Sanford: The Disposition Is Weaker than the Situation,
- Mistakes Were Made (but not by me),
- Bargh and Baumeister and the Free Will Debate — Part I & Part II,
- The Situation of Facebook Jealousy
- Christakis Speaks to Harvard Freshmen about Social Networks,
- Social Networks,
- The Social Awkwardness of Online Snubbing, Virtual Bias,
- Internet Disinhibition.
- Investing in Vice. and
- The Science of Addiction, The Myth of Choice.