The Marketing Situation of Doritos (FTC Complaint)
Posted by The Situationist Staff on October 19, 2011
These videos, which detail the advertising strategies and goals, speak for themselves.
Related Situationist posts:
- Sarah Haskins on “Ladyfriend” Stereotypes,
- Selling Products With Sexism,
- Hey Dove! Talk to YOUR parent!,
- Social Networks
- Barbie Commercials Across the Decades and the Implications on Female Identity and Objectification,
- “Shades of Fairness and the Marketing of Prejudice,”
- “The Marketing Situation of Children,”
- The Situation of Eating
- “Common Cause: Combating the Epidemics of Obesity and Evil,” and
- “Situational Obesity, or, Friends Don’t Let Friends Eat and Veg.”
For more on the situation of eating, see Situationist contributors Adam Benforado, Jon Hanson, and David Yosfion’s law review article Broken Scales: Obesity and Justice in America. For a listing of numerous Situaitonist posts on the situational sources of obesity, click here.