APS 2012 Convention
Posted by The Situationist Staff on May 17, 2012
24th APS Annual Convention
The Association for Psychological Science is committed to providing scientists with opportunities essential to achieving excellence in research. That’s why APS holds the premiere international meeting exclusively dedicated to psychological science. The meeting is a great opportunity to network, present your latest findings, and learn about other cutting-edge work being done in your area and in related areas.
Some of the highlights of the convention include the Opening Ceremony and Keynote Address, the Presidential Symposium, the Bring the Family Address, and numerous educational and poster sessions. More information can be found online.
In addition to the Annual Convention, APS is proud to offer the APS-STP 19th Annual Teaching Institute, and several educational workshops. (Additional registration is required for these sessions). The Teaching Institute workshop will take place on Wednesday, May 23, 2012. Subsequent Teaching Institute programming, including a poster session, concurrent educational sessions, and plenary addresses will take place on Thursday, May 24, 2012.
- Thursday, May 24, 2012 – Sunday, May 27, 2012
6:00 PM – 12:00 PM
- Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
- 301 East North Water Street
Chicago, Illinois 60611
This year’s program features:
- Keynote Address by James S. Jackson, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Presidential Symposium “Diverse Perspectives: Who Owns Science?” chaired by APS President Douglas L. Medin, Northwestern University
- Bring the Family Address “Practical Wisdom: The Right Way to Do the Right Thing” by Barry Schwartz, Swarthmore College
- Theme Programs:
- Biological Beings in Social Context
- Disaster, Response and Recovery
- Music, Mind and Brain including a special concert featuring Victor Wooten, Five-Time Grammy Award Winner and Bassist for Béla Fleck & The Flecktones
- There are also workshops, award addresses, special events, and other invited talks, addresses, and symposia by the field’s most distinguished leaders.
To register online, follow this link.
This entry was posted on May 17, 2012 at 12:01 am and is filed under Events, Social Psychology. Tagged: APS, Association for Psychological Science, convention, Social Psychology. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.